AngylMuses

LOVER OF BOOKS

A LOVER OF LITERATURE WITH A PENCHANT FOR M/M ROMANCE, LGBT FICTION, SCI FI, FANTASY, PARANORMAL ROMANCE, AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT IS A BOOK.

Book Review - Up For Heir by Stella Starling

Up for Heir (Rosavia Royals, #1)Up for Heir by Stella Starling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OMG this was super adorable and such a happy little hea type of royal person falls in love with a commoner trope that I am totally here for it. Throw in the gay for you trope and it was all that and a bucket of chicken.

Crown prince Leopold (Leo) of Rosavia, unrepentant rebel royal and playboy extraordinaire, categorically and vehemently dislikes being told what to do. So when his royal parents present him with a list of perfectly vetted and acceptable women and is told to pick one to marry within a month he.... does the exact opposite of what he's told to do. Quite by accident.

Edvin Blom is a junior librarian at the Royal library and has just had his heart shattered by his ex - who also works for the library - after using Edvin shamelessly to put together an exhibition for their royal patron, the 2nd in line for the throne Prince Cassander. But when the crown prince shows up instead of Cassander and then makes googoo eyes at Eddie's teenaged sister Eddie doesn't even think before he steps between his sister and the lethal lothario... and instantly catches Leo's eye. Not even Edvin's stutter bothers the crown prince. In fact Leo wants to be Eddie's _friend_ for some onknown reason and keeps finding reasons to spend time with Eddie when he has a royal ball to attend and a bride to choose and eventually an entire country to run.

Leo doesn't know what hit him when Eddie steps between Leo and the younger man's sister, but he knows it's important. As they spend more and more time together something about Eddie is just _right_ and soon Leo realizes he doesn't want a bride, he wants a groom and he sure as fudgesicles doesn't want a properly vetted personage to be his spouse - he wants Eddie. Leo finally has something - someone - to fight for and he's determined Eddie will be his.

The world was lovely, a slightly skewed version of our world with a country called Rosavia that sounds lovely (if a little too much into rose flavoured everything and _blueberry_ pizza). The characters were believable and plot line - wihle tropy - one that really kept me interested.

All in all a great read!