AngylMuses

LOVER OF BOOKS

A LOVER OF LITERATURE WITH A PENCHANT FOR M/M ROMANCE, LGBT FICTION, SCI FI, FANTASY, PARANORMAL ROMANCE, AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT IS A BOOK.

Book Review - Variable Onset by Layla Reyne

Variable OnsetVariable Onset by Layla Reyne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another masterpiece by Layla Reyne!

This is a standalone law enforcement thriller with some delicious romance in it as well.

A serial killer that has eluded the FBI for decades has made their reappearance - but there may be a copycat at work as well. It will take the combined efforts of a Quantico instructor and expert in forensic genealogy and a undercover operative, both of whom have a past together, to save the victims before it's too late as well as catch the serial killer - possibly killers!

I admit I love the silver fox instructor/younger agent angle of this story and I love the background story Layla has woven for the two of them. I almost love the over arching plot almost as much - Dr. Fear, dayam, that is some interesting take on a modern day serial killer and his methodology. I also have to give Layla kudos on how well thought out and researched this book was.

All in all, very impressed by this book - this is another fine example of why Ms. Reyne is one of my go-to reads.