AngylMuses

LOVER OF BOOKS

A LOVER OF LITERATURE WITH A PENCHANT FOR M/M ROMANCE, LGBT FICTION, SCI FI, FANTASY, PARANORMAL ROMANCE, AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT IS A BOOK.

Knight of Flames
Amelia Faulkner
Inheritance: Complete Season One: A New Adult Urban Fantasy Box Set
Amelia Faulkner

Book Review - Craft Brew, Trouble Brewing Book 2, by Layla Reyne

Craft Brew (Trouble Brewing, #2)Craft Brew by Layla Reyne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love me a good Craft Brew, I won't lie, and this particular drink was delish!

In a continuation of Imperial Stout, this book takes up shortly after the end of the last book. And Dominic Price is running... although he says he's not, all the way to San Diego. It's an opportunity to try out the top chair as US Attorney while trying to figure a way out of the mess his father has made. But he didn't expect to miss Cameron Byrne like he would his own breath.

Meanwhile back in San Fran Cam is determined to get Dom to move in with him as well as stand by his man and get the bad guy gunning for him. He just has to get through the next six weeks of lonely nights and then convince Dom he's right - piece of cake.

But Vaughn isn't done with his threats and Dom is barely back in the door of his apartment when fire in the apartment directly above him forces him out and into Cam's place. A fire that was determined to be arson. Cam is thrilled by the chance to have Dom live with him except he gets a call from his brother that summons him home to Boston. Waiting for him is a decades old personal tragedy that has barely begun to heal and a request that rips the wounds completely open again.

Now Cam is racing against the clock to solve the mystery that tore his family apart, help rescue a missing daughter of a South end Boston cop, and still find time to help Dom solve his own problems. Except he's falling apart at the seams and this time it's Dom that needs to save Cam - and keep him afloat.

This book was a high octane rush from start to finish. I loved the tension that Layla builds from her very first word, and she keeps the tension up throughout. I was especially impressed with how she combined Cam's past with his present and wove it throughout the story. The whole book let us get to know him so much better than we have up until now.

And we finally get to know more of Dominic's story too. We learn why he's so afraid of losing someone he loves, why he keeps himself apart from his new family, why he's been keeping Cam at arm's length. And we see them both realize that they're stronger together than apart.

This book, and series, is fast becoming my favorite of Layla's. It takes the best parts and people from Agents Irish and Whiskey and infuses them into this masterful series. All our most loved characters make an appearance and weave throughout Dom and Cam's story beautifully.

This is a must read book, and series. And Layla Reyne is definitely in my top 10 authors to read and watch!